Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
Serves 4 to 6
- 8 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 1 Large Yellow or White Onion (may also substitute for two leeks)
- 8 Large Carrots
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Optional: Croutons ( Homemade Croutons) and fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375f
- Using a potato peeler, peel off the skin of the butternut squash.
- Slice the butternut squash in half (long ways) and scoop out the seeds.
- Slice the squash in 1 inch slices and lay out on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. May need 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until fork can easily pierce the butternut squash.
- Chop the onions and garlic into small chunks and add to a large pot with a drizzle of oil. Saute for 2 minutes until the onions start to turn a light golden brown.
- Add broth to the veggies and bring to a light boil. Once it comes to a light boil let it simmer until the carrots are soft and you can easily stick a fork through them.
- Once the butternut squash is done add all into the pot and immersion blend. You can also add to a blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with croutons and fresh thyme.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews