Butternut Squash and Mascarpone Pasta
- 1 lb Rigatoni
- 1 Cup Pasta Water
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash
- 16 oz Mascarpone
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375f
- Peel the butternut squash with a potato peeler, cut in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice the squash into small one inch cubes.
- Place squash on a cookie sheet with parchment paper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and add garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Half way through baking use a spatula to flip them over or mix them around.
- Make pasta according to package. Save 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large pot add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook until they are a light golden brown. Add cooked squash, and garlic powder. Using a blender or immersion blender, blend until well combined.
- Add mascarpone, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup of pasta water and blend. Add more pasta water as desired to reach your desired consistency. (I add about 3/4 cup of the water myself).
- Add pasta to the sauce and transfer to a casserole dish. Top with the rest of the parmesan cheese and baked for 30 minutes.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews