Veggie Stuffed Garden Zucchini
Gluten Free and Vegan
- 1 Large Zucchini (Can also do this with medium sized zucchinis)
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional for extra spicy)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Optional for on top:
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Tomato
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Slice your Zucchini in half, long ways down the middle (see pictures above).
- Grab a large bowl.
- Take a spoon and scoop out the middle of the zucchini. Place filling in bowl. Do to both sides.
- Drizzles a little bit of olive oil and salt on the zucchini skins.
- Cook quinoa according to package (for extra flavor use vegetable broth instead of water).
- Add both quinoa and beans to a large cooking pan. On medium heat, drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add beans, quinoa and the insides of the zucchini. Add in garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat up for about 3 minutes.
- Pack the beans, quinoa and insides of the zucchini into the zucchini boats. Lay down parchment paper on a cookie sheet and place the zucchini boats on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a small pan drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil. Slice you jalapeno in half (keep the seeds if you want it more spicy). Place the jalapeno face down and cook on medium heat until nice and roasted. Flip and roast for about 2 minutes.
- In a bullet or blender add cilantro, garlic, tahini, jalapeno, paprika, lemon juice, oil, and water, optional; red pepper flakes. (Salt and Pepper to taste) And blend.
- Add more water if needed for a liquid consistency
Add avocado, tomato on top of the stuffed baked zucchini and pour on that sauce!
Submit your review