Veggie Spring Rolls with Fried Tempeh
Gluten Free and Vegan
- 1 Package of Tempeh (LightLife Tempeh)
- 2 Small Beets (any color)
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Bunch of Radishes (any color)
- 1 to 2 Avocados
- 2 Small Cucumbers (or one large)
- 1 Pack of Tanisa Organic Spring Roll Rice Paper (I used 12)
- 4 to 6 large leaves of your favorite lettuce (I used butter lettuce)
- 3 Tablespoon of avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Optional; Black or White Sesame Seeds
- Peanut Sauce (I bought San J’s Thai Peanut Sauce) (San J’s Thai Peanut Sauce)
- Using a potato peeler, peel the cucumbers, slice in half and slice into small 1.2 inch strips.
- Shred your beets.
- Slice your radishes.
- Thinly slice your avocados.
- Thinly slice your onion into small strips.
- In a pan add avocado or vegetable oil, place on medium to high heat.
- Placing the tempeh horizontal, thinly slice the tempeh. You want them about 3 centimeters thick. Fry the tempeh on the pan and add garlic powder and salt. Wait about 2 to 3 minutes on each side until nice and crispy. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Using a large plate add fresh water to fill the plate.
- Add one rice paper in at a time. Soak each side for about 60 seconds each.
- Lay on a flat service and about two inched on on the rice paper, add your lettuce, avocado, tempeh, radish, beets and onion. (Optional sprinkle sesame seeds).
- Grab the end of the rice paper closest to you and fold on top of the veggies, grab the right side and fold over the top, grab the left side and fold over the top. Tightly roll the rice paper and veggies away from you and cover with the rest of the rice paper. Set aside and repeat!
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews