Mini Turkey Meat Ball Pasta with Swiss Chard and Tomatoes in a Light Olive Oil, Garlic and Parmesan Sauce
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 Package of Orecchiette Pasta
- 1 7oz Package of Organic Turkey
- 5 Leaves of Swiss Chard
- 2 Large Heirloom Tomatoes
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Shallot
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Chives
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl combined turkey and all turkey seasonings; mix well.
- On a cookie sheet with parchment papper roll your turkey into small balls (a little larger than the size of a quarter).
- Place turkey balls on the cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package.
- Saute in a large pan or skillet (I used my Le Creuset Braiser ) your diced garlic and shallots over medium heat until barley lightly golden brown (about 1 to 1.5 minutes).
- Leave the garlic and shallots in the skillet, off the burner until turkey balls are ready.
- Throw turkey balls in with the garlic and the shallots and saute on medium heat.
- Add in pasta, chopped chard and tomatoes. Heat up for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in olive oil, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Add more oil to taste if too dry.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Submit your review