Skillet Chicken Enchiladas
Serves 1 to 2
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- 2 Chicken Medium Breasts
- 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large Bell Pepper (Any Color; I used Red)
- 3 Green Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Shredded or Cubed Medium White Cheddar Cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 3.4 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes (for extra spice; optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Using a Large Skillet (preferably a deep one) Cast Iron Skillet
- Pat dry each chicken breast and cover both sides with taco seasoning. Leave about 1/2 a tablespoon left over for the sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to your skillet and heat on medium. Place both chicken breast on the skillet and cook thoroughly on both side. You want the chicken to be cooked all the way through. About 5- 8 minutes on both sides. Once done set aside to cool.
- Chop up your bell pepper into cubes along with finely dicing up your garlic. Saute in same skillet for 3 minutes in medium heat. Set aside in medium bowl.
- Cover tortillas with foil and place in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes until soft and durable.
- In a medium bowl add tomato sauce, taco Seasoning, chipotle, cayenne, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- With the skillet off the heat; Take each tortilla and dip both sides covering the tortilla well with the sauce; repeat for three tortillas. Drizzle a little oil back in the skillet and lay out each tortilla (3 covering the bottom of the skillet).
- Take two forks and shred the chicken.
- Add the chicken, sauted bell peppers, sauted garlic, chopped cilantro, 1/2 of the chopped green onion, and 3/4 of the cheese into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken mix on top of the three corn tortillas in the skillet.
- Repeat dipping the rest of the last three corn tortillas into the sauce and cover the chicken mix (see photo above).
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top, add the rest of the cheese and green onions.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese has melted on top.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews