Vegan Caesar Salad with Eggplant Croutons (Best Caesar Dressing!)
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 large heads of romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegan worcestershire sauce
- Juice from 2 lemons (medium lemons) or 1 large lemon
- 1 large garlic glove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bullet or blender take all the ingredients for the dressing and blend together. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably avocado or vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut the eggplant into 1 inch sized cubes.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper add eggplant and drizzle oil over the eggplant. Add 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon parsley; mix well.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a cast iron or pan add oil, heat on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add cornstarch, garbanzo bean flour, the rest of garlic powder, and salt; mix well.
- Add baked eggplant (once cooled for 5 minutes) to the bowl of flour mixture. Add one handful at a time.
- Fry the eggplant for 2 to 3 minutes flipping every minute. The eggplant fries very fast.
- Place on a plate with a paper towel after and repeat.
- Break the romaine how ever you like it (chopped or in strips).
- Add dressing to taste and eggplants.