Vegan Caesar Salad with Eggplant Croutons (Best Caesar Dressing!)
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 Large Heads of Romaine Lettuce
- Ceasar Dressing:
- 3/4 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Vegan Worchestire Sauce
- Juice from 1.5 Lemons (Medium Lemons) or 1 Large Lemon
- 1 Large Garlic Clove
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- In a bullet or blender take all the ingredients for the dressing and blend together. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Oil (preferably avocado or vegetable oil)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1/3 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut the eggplant into 1 inch sized cubes. (See images above for references)
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper add eggplant and drizzle oil over the eggplant. Add 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon parsley; mix well.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a cast iron or pan add vegetable or canola oil, heat on medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add cornstarch, garbanzo bean flour, the rest of garlic powder and salt; mix well.
- Add baked eggplant (once cooled for 5 minutes) to the bowl of flour mixture. Add one handful at a time.
- Fry the eggplant for 2 to 3 minutes flipping every minute. The eggplant fries very fast.
- Place on a plate with a paper towel after and repeat.
- Break the romaine how ever you like it (chopped or in strips).
- Add dressing to taste and eggplants.