Tasty Orange Tofu
Gluten Free & Vegan
Serves 2 to 4
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Package of Firm Tofu
- 1/2 Cup Garbanzo Flour
- 1/3 Cup Corn Starch
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice (4 to 5 Oranges)
- Zest of 1/3 of and Orange
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 2 garlic Cloves Minced (or 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- Optional: Top with Sliced Leeks or Green Onions
- In a Cast Iron or large pan add 1/2 cup oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain the water and slice the tofu into one inch cubes.
- In a small bowl add corn starch, garbanzo bean flour, garlic powder and salt.
- Roll the tofu cubes into the flour mixture until completely covered, Repeat for all.
- Place in oil. Keep an eye on the tofu cubes, they fry very fast. Constantly rotate to crisp each side.
- Set fried tofu aside.
- In a small pot on medium to low heat add sugar, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, amino liquid, red pepper flakes, orange juice, orange zest and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Using a whisk, whisk the sauce together. If the consistency is not getting thick like syrup add in 1 additional tablespoon of corn starch. Stir for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour orange sauce on top of tofu, top with more orange zest and sliced leeks or green onion
Dish best served over rice.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews