Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce (Gluten and Dairy Free)
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 Spaghetti Squash
- 4 Red Bell Peppers
- 3 Cups Raw Unsalted Cashews
- 1/3 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- Optional; Red Pepper Chili Flakes and Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 30 to 40 minutes or leave cashews in water over night.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half (long ways). Place face down on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scrap the seeds out after they have been cooked (trust me, it’s a lot easier).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The whole squash should appear a bit darker and cooked all the way through. A fork should easily be able to break into the squash. Drag a fork downwards on the squash making the spaghetti noodles. Repeat this with all the squash and scrap into a large bowl.
- Cut all bell peppers in half. In a large skillet or using a grill, grill each side of the bell peppers until they have nice char marks and become soft. Should take about 15 minutes, while constantly flipping them.
- Chop the garlic and sauté in 1 teaspoon of oil until lightly golden brown.
- In a large blender or bullet add cashews with 1 cup of the water that was use to soften the cashews. Add, garlic powder, sautéed garlic, nutritional yeast and roasted red bell peppers, salt and pepper. Optional, add 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Blend well. I like to let mine blend for at least 1 minute, until it is nice and creamy. If it needs more water add a tablespoon at a time.
- Add sauce to spaghetti squash and mix. Top with parsley and red pepper flakes.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews