Coconut Crusted Rockfish with Pickled Veggies
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 Rockfish Fillets (should make about 12 small strips)
- 2 Cups Coconut Flakes
- 12 – 16 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 12 Limes
- 6 Radish
- 1 Large Carrot (any color)
- 1/2 of a Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 3 Jalapeños
- 4 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 Eggs
- Juice all 12 limes In a large mason jar or container with a lid.
- Thinly slice the radishes and the red onion (cut red onion in half, place face down and thinly slice the onion), using a grater, grate the carrot. Add all veggies into the lime juice, shake and place in the fridge.
- In a cast iron or large pan add 1 cup vegetable oil and place on medium to high heat. Let oil reach 375 F.
- Take two separate small bowls, add 2 eggs in one bowl and scramble. Add 1 cup of the coconut flakes, 2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt into the flake and mix well. (when coconut flakes run out, add last cup, 2 teaspoons garlic and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Lay one fillet out on a cutting board and cut long ways down the middle. Then cut in half for a total of 4 small strips of fish. Repeat for all fillets.
- Dip one strip of fish in the egg wash and cover completely on both sides, then dip in coconut flakes and cover completely on both sides. Place in oil and fry on each side until nicely golden brown. About 1 minute to 1.5 minutes on each side. Place on a separate plate and repeat the steps for all fish fillets.
- In a small pan add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat and let melt, once melted add a tortilla. Make sure the oil is on both sides. Fry the tortilla until its some what crispy but still foldable. Repeat for all tortillas. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil in at a time when running low in the pan. Set aside.
- Chop cilantro and jalapeños.
- Take a tortilla, add a fish fillet, a fork full of pickled veggies; top with cilantro and jalapeños.
- Optional; add sriracha
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews