Mushroom and Spinach Pasta (Vegan and Gluten Free)
45 minutes to 1 hour
- 1 8oz box of your favorite gluten free pasta (I used Veggie Craft Farms Cauliflower Pasta)
- 3 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Chopped Spinach
- 1 Shallot
- 1 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
- 3/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Plain Plant Based Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Optional; top with fresh diced tomatoes (1 medium tomato)
- Add boiling water to cashews in a container with a lid, fill the water to the top and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- In a large pan add oil over medium heat. Add chopped shallots, mushrooms and spinach. Saute until mushrooms are cooked (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- In a blender or bullet add cashews and 1 cup of the water from the cashews and 1 tablespoon garlic powder. Blend well. If two thick add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water.
- Pour cashew sauce on mushrooms, add plant based milk (add more if sauce is too thick), red pepper flakes, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add pasta to sauce and mix. Top with tomatoes and enjoy.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews