Fried Tofu Veggie Stir Fry
Serves 2 to 4
- 14 oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Cup Rice (Brown or White)
- 2 Medium Heads of Broccoli
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado or Oil Olive
- Optional; 2 Green Onions For Finish
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce (gluten free or aminos)
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar (or brown sugar)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Teaspoons Minced Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Sauce or Sriracha
- Cook rice according to package.
- In a large cast iron or pan, add one cup vegetable oil over medium to high heat. Let the oil reach up to 375 F (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Drain all the water from the tofu and place on a cutting board. Cut the tofu into small one inch squares. Carefully place the tofu into the oil. Using tongs rotate the tofu every minute, until all sides are nice and crispy. Place on a plate and set aside.
- In a large pan with a lid, add 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add diced onions, carrots and chopped broccoli. Sauté until the until the onions are a nice light golden brown (about 3 to 5 minutes). Add 1/3 Cup of water to the pan to steam the broccoli.
- Slice mushrooms and add to the veggies. Cover with the lid and reduce to a simmer.
- In a medium bowl add 1/2 cup of water and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Mix well. Then add 2 cups of water, soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and chili or sriracha; mix well. Add tofu and sauce to the veggies and mix while on simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve with rice and top with green onions! Enjoy 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews