Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup Soft (room temperature butter)
- 1 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar for rolling the dough in
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Use two cookie sheets and line them with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix butter (with a hand mixture) until creamy. Add in the sugar, then egg until creamy. Add in almond and vanilla extract until all combined.
- Add in baking powder and flour and mix well.
- In a small dish add the 1/4 cup of extra sugar and any sprinkles you prefer to decorate with. I prefer natural color sprinkles. (https://www.ticings.com/products/gift-set-dye-free-sprinkles) or (https://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=50666&trng=fgle&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgpenwqO45wIVQxx9Ch3CDgnlEAQYByABEgIwevD_BwE)
- Roll the dough into one inch balls and then roll in sugar and or sprinkles. Place on the cookie sheet about two inches apart from each other. I can usually fit about 9 cookies each on a sheet.
- For soft and gooey cookies, ONLY bake for 10 minutes, not a second later 🙂
- Place on a cooling rack or plate and enjoy 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews