Ratatouille with a Basil and Thyme Finish
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 Yellow Summer squash
- 2 Green Zucchinis
- 2 Small Eggplants
- 3 to 4 Large tomatoes
- 1 Whole White or Yellow Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large Fresh Bunch of Oregano
- 1 large Fresh Bunch of Thyme
- 1 Large Fresh Bunch Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Optional: 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- I used two large Lodge cast iron skillets, you may also us a large casserole dish.
- Thinly slice yellow squash, green zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Dice up the onion, garlic, thyme, oregano and basil.
- In a large sauce pan add one tablespoon olive oil and add onions and garlic. Saute until lightly golden brown.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of thyme and all the oregano. (leave the rest of the thyme and all the basil for the finish).
- Add in two cans of tomato sauce, garlic powder and salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- In your cast irons or casserole dish, spread tomato sauce evenly on the bottom of the cast irons or casserole dish (if using two cast irons, divide sauce evenly into the two dishes)
- Alternate in a circle making your way to the middle, eggplant slice, tomato slice, yellow squash slice, zucchini and repeat until circle is complete. If there is extra vegetables just find places between to slide them in.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the rest of the chopped thyme and all the basil; pour the rest of the olive oil in the small bowl and mix well. (Optional add a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes).
- After the Ratatouille has baked, pull out the dishes and drizzle the basil and thyme finish on top. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool off and enjoy!
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews