Turkey “Bolognese” with Fresh Herbs
Serves 2 to 4
- 3/4 bag of Gemelli Pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
- 1 25.5 oz Muir Glen Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 16 oz Pack of Organic Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Yellow or White Onion
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Oregano
- 1 Bunch Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
Optional for additional flavor and spice:
- 2 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 5 Basil Leaves
- Boil a large pot of water. Water should fill half the pot. Cook pasta according to package.
- In a large pan add tablespoon of oil and chopped onion. Saute until lightly brown.
- Add in ground turkey to the onions with oregano, thyme, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. (If add spice add cayenne and red pepper flakes).
- Thoroughly cook the ground turkey make sure there is no pink color, meat should be an off white. Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes on medium heat.
- After turkey has cooked all the way through, add pasta sauce and 1/2 cup of pasta water to sauce. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in strained pasta and mix well.
- Optional; add fresh basil and parmesan.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews