Pumpkin Risotto with Smoked Bacon
- 1 Cup Arborio Rice
- 1 Quart Vegetable or Chicken Broth (may use bone broth as well)
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 Pack of smoked Bacon (Organic North Country Smoked Bacon)
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- In a large dutch oven or pot with a lid, add bacon (this trick works amazing, the bacon will crisp up and you get no splatters all over your kitchen). Cook bacon until nice and crispy, place on a plate with a paper towel when finished.
- In a large pan over medium heat add olive oil and chopped onions. Cook until a light golden brown then add 3/4 of the thyme (take the leaves off the stems). Saute for 1 more minute.
- In a small pot add, broth and pumpkin puree, leave it on a low simmer.
- Add rice, crisp the rice for 3 minutes. Add white wine and cook until all the wine has been absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of the broth and pumpkin puree mixture, letting the rice completely absorb the broth until adding another 1/2 cup of the broth. Repeat this until all the broth has been absorbed.
- Add in parmesan cheese and chopped bacon. Top with the rest of the fresh thyme and enjoy 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews