Dairy & Gluten Free Green Enchiladas
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion
- 2 Zucchinis (shredded)
- 12 to 16 Corn Tortillas
- 1/3 Cup Broth (vegetable or meat broth)
- 1/2 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro
- 2 1/2 to 3 Cups Green Enchilada Sauce *(see homemade green enchilada sauce recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 375f
- In a braiser or dutch oven add 1/3 cup broth and two chicken breasts. Close the lid and bake for 25 minutes. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside.
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat add diced onions and shredded zucchini. Saute until the onions are a light golden brown (about 3 to 5 minutes). Add to shredded chicken bowl.
- Add a 3/4 cup of sauce to the chicken and veggie mixture, mix well.
- Add 1/2 Cup Green sauce to the bottom of A 13×9 casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Heat a 1/4 cup of green enchiladas sauce (at a time) in a small pan on low. Dip a tortilla in the sauce, flipping to get each side drenched in sauce. Corn tortillas should be soft. Add a handful of chicken veggie mixture to the tortilla, fold into each other and place face down in the casserole dish. Repeat until the casserole dish is full.
- Top with the rest of the green sauce. Bake for 25 minutes at 375f
- Top with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Green Enchilada Sauce:
- 15 Medium Sized Tomatillos
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 to 4 Jalapeños *(depending on spicy you like it, for medium I recommend 2 Jalapeños)* – slice in half and take seeds out
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion (chop in 2 inch chunks)
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Place oven on broil.
- Add whole tomatillos, garlic, jalapeños, and onions. Top with olive oil. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes mixing every 3 minutes. Should be partially chard.
- Add to blender with water, cilantro, salt and pepper.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews