Pesto and Veggies over Farro
- 1 Cup Farro
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 of a Leek
- 1/2 Cup Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes or 16 oz Fresh Cherry Tomatoes (either tastes amazing in this dish)
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Optional; Chicken Sausage and 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Loosely Packed Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes (if you like a hint of spice)
- Start by soaking your farro in a bowl with water (water should cover all of the farro) for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sized pot, add 8 quarts of water and boil. Add farro to boiling water, reduce heat to medium and cook for 40 minutes.
- Strain and set farro aside.
- If you are using fresh cherry tomatoes, preheat oven to 350. Add cherry tomatoes (whole) onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil or avocado oil and a pinch of salt over the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan add a tablespoon of oil over medium heat, add chopped zucchini and saute for 2 minutes until light brown. Add chopped leeks and saute for another 2 minutes. Add in tomatoes (sun dried or baked cherry tomatoes) and artichoke hearts (I like to chop my artichoke hearts in half but you can leave them whole) and garlic powder, mix well for 1 minute.
- In a blender add basil, walnuts, oil, garlic, salt and chili flakes and blend well. If it is too thick add a teaspoon of water and blend more.
- Add pesto, farro, and veggies into a large bowl and mix well.
- Optional; top with barbecued chicken sausage and parmesan and enjoy!
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews