Non Traditional Homemade Pasta Sauce
Makes 8 to 10 Mason Jars (12 oz)
- 30 Medium Tomatoes (100 oz)
- 1 Whole White or Yellow Onion
- 1 Bulb Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Oregano
- 1 Cup Fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil (or vegetable oil)
For roasted garlic follow these instructions:
- In a large pot on medium heat add vegetable oil and add chopped onions, saute for 2 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Add in fresh basil and oregano; mix well.
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters. Add them all into the pot and let cook down for 5 minutes. Add in Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, and Red Peppers.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, put a lid on it and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Sauce should start to get a little thicker.
- Let cool and use a hand blender to blend the sauce.
- Add more salt and pepper to your liking.