Matzo Ball Soup with Homemade Vegetable Broth
Servings 2 to 4
- 1 Box of Manischewitz Matzo Ball Mix (https://manischewitz.com/recipes/matzoballsoup/)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 10 Cups of vegetable Broth (whatever you prefer) I used my homemade broth (https://www.createwithkendra.com/recipes/saved-vegetable-scraps-for-vegetable-broth/)
- 1 Small Head of Romanesco
- 4 Large Carrots (I use the mixed colors)
- 1/4 of a Medium Leek
- 6 Sprigs of Fresh Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Dill
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
Cooked in Le Creuset Dutch Oven
- Make your matzo balls according to the box and let sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Measure out 10 cups of your broth of choice.
- Let the broth come to a light boil.
- Chop in about one inch of size, carrots and romanesco and add to the broth.
- Slice you leeks into circles and then cut in half, add to broth.
- Add in dried dill, garlic and salt to taste.
- Let boil for 10 minutes on a light boil.
- Roll your matzo balls into about 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls and carefully place in the water, Cook for 20 minutes.
- Lastly add the fresh dill.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews