Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos with Habanero, Mango and Green Tomato Pico De Gallo
- 4 Mahi Mahi
- 1/2 Cup Panko
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flake
- 1/4 Cup Macadamia Nuts (Chopped real fine)
- 2 Eggs
- 10 to 12 Corn Tortillas
Pico De Gallo:
- 1 Large Green Tomato
- 1 Large Red Tomato
- 1 Large Mango
- 1 Habanero
- 1/4 of Poblano Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 6 Limes
Preheat the oven to 375F
- In one small bowl add 2 eggs and scramble.
- In another medium bowl add panko, coconut flakes and macadamia nuts (make sure all are finely chopped up like flour).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment papper.
- Take one mahi mahi at a time and dip in the egg, cover the egg all over the mahi mahi on each side then dip in panko mixture, cover the mahi completely on both sides with the mixture and lay on the cookie sheet. Repeat for all mahi.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
Pico De Gallo:
- In a medium bowl chop up green tomato, red tomato, and mango into small square cubes. Dice the habanero and poblano pepper then add the juice of 5 limes, honey and apple cider vinegar. Chop the cilantro and add it to the pico de gallo. Mix well.
- On a burner flip one tortilla at a time to burn and crisp the edges just a small amount. Repeat with all tortillas. Be careful not to leave them on the burner too long, keep an eye on them the whole time.
Once the mahi mahi is cooked all the way through, chop up into small pieces and place on tortilla. Top with pico de gallo.
With the extra lime, cut into small slices and squeeze on top for extra lime juice. I prefer to use the juice from the pico de gallo and drizzle it on the tacos.
Submit your review