Macadamia Nut and Coconut Crusted Mahi Mahi Tacos with Dairy Free Cilantro Sauce
2 to 4 Servings
- 2 Pieces of Mahi Mahi (4 x 3 inches each)
- 1 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 Cup Crushed Macadamia Nuts
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Avocado Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 6 to 9 Corn Tortillas
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Soaked Raw Cashews (Soak for 2 hours or or soaking in boiling water fro 20 minutes)
- 4 Limes
- 1/2 Cup Packed Fresh Cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder (or 2 fresh Garlic Cloves)
- 2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- Shred the cabbage and chop the onions; set aside for later.
- In a medium sized bowl scramble the two eggs.
- In another medium sized bowl mix the coconut flakes and macadamia nuts.
- Take the mahi mahi and slice into (3 x 1) inch rectangles.
- In a medium to large sized pan over medium heat add the avocado oil.
- Dip each piece of mahi into the egg and make sure its completely covered. Then place in the pan of avocado oil; repeat for all pieces. Make sure to turn each piece (using tongs) to get all sides fried. You want the outside to be fried to a golden brown color. Do not burn.
- In a separate medium pan over low to medium heat add a tablespoon of coconut oil and add a corn tortilla, one at a time, flipping it to get mildly crispy. Keep adding coconut oil as needed. Fold in half before the tortilla gets too crispy and set aside, repeat for all tortillas.
- In a food processor or bullet add all ingredients for the cilantro lime sauce and puree.
Open tortilla, add sauce, mahi mahi, cabbage, jalapeño, chopped red onion and if desired add more sauce! Enjoy!
Submit your review