Chocolate Coconut Cake with a Girl Scout Butter Cookie Crust
Serves 4 to 6 – ***Filling take 8 hours to set in the fridge***
- 1/3 Cup Arrowroot
- 1/3 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 8 oz Can Coconut Milk (with cream on top)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Dark Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
Optional Coconut Whipped Cream
- Take the cream from the top of the Coconut Milk ^
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Box of Butter Girl Scout Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- Add all cookies and 1/2 cup melted butter to food processor and blend well. Add cookie butter crumbs to the bottom of your pie dish and press down, filling the bottom of the dish. Set aside in the freezer while making the filling.
- In a small bowl mic almond milk and arrowroot with a whisk and set aside
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together coconut milk and sugar over low to medium heat. When it slowly starts to boil add in 3/4 of your chocolate chips and cocoa powder. Mix well, whisk until smooth. Add a tad more heat and add in arrowroot and almond milk mixture. Let cook until it starts to get thick, about five minutes.
- Add mixture to blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Pour the filling over the cookie crust and let sit in the fridge for 8 hours.
Whipping Cream: (Once filling has set for 8 hours in fridge)
- Take the cream from the top of the coconut milk and add to a small bowl, add syrup and vanilla extract and mix with a mixer until whipped like whipped cream, set aside in the fridge.
- Add on top of pie, sprinkle extra chocolate chips and enjoy 🙂
Submit your review