Loaded Homemade Fries
- 6 Large Organic Russet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Sprig of Thyme
- 2 Teaspoons Smoked Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 6 Sheets of Foil
- 1 Package Soyrizo (https://www.mercadomagico.com/grocery/general-merchandise/el-burrito-soyrizo-organic-12-oz/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpcWJ5v-o5wIVpB-tBh0leQ5qEAQYAyABEgIkHPD_BwE) You can also use regular chorizo, whatever your preference is 🙂
- 3 Green Onions
- 1/2 8 oz Package of Bella Mushrooms
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Bunch Fresh Chives
- Sour Cream to taste (Vegan or regular)
- Cheese to taste (Vegan or regular, I use 3 cheese mexican blend)
Preheat oven to 400 F
- Wash and scrub each potato, with a fork puncher wholes all around the potatoes.
- Wrap each potato with foil and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Once potatoes have cooled, slice in half, long ways down the potato. Lay the potato on the flat side and slice into 4 four quarters. Repeat with all potatoes.
- In a large sauce pan over medium to high heat add vegetable oil, wait until it slightly starts to boil.
- Carefully add each potato to the oil and fry until lightly golden brown. Repeat and set aside, sprinkling a pinch of salt and thyme on the potatoes.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat add a drizzle of olive oil and add your chopped mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes. Then add your entire package of soyrizo and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place Fries in a cast iron or oven safe dish. Top with soyrizo and mushroom mix. Add cheese on top and bake for about 5 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Top with green onions, chives, avocado and sour cream.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews