Homemade Enchiladas (with the best enchilada sauce)
- 5 Teaspoons of “Better than Bouillon” (4 cups water) – or 4 cups vegetable broth (https://www.betterthanbouillon.com/products/seasoned-vegetable-base/)
- 1 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (or gluten free flour)
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Chives
- Salta and Pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 Corn Tortillas
- 2 to 3 cups 3 Cheese Mexican Blend (https://www.organicvalley.coop/products/cheese/shredded/shredded-mexican-blend-6-oz/)
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- 1 Avocado
Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a medium sized bowl add chicken, a drizzle of olive oil, and chicken seasonings. Mix well coating the chicken. Place on parchment papper on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- In a medium sized pot add, vegetable broth, tomato sauce and seasonings and mix well, slowly and shift the flour into the sauce, whisking vigorously. You do not want the the flour to clump up. Mix well until all flour is in the sauce. Leave on a simmer while mixing for 5 minutes.
- In a large pan, add chopped shallot and a drizzle of oil. Cook until lightly golden brown.
- Shred your chicken into small pieces with a fork. Add the chicken to the shallots. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the sauce to the chicken and cook until coated.
- In a large bowl add 1 to 2 cups of sauce and dip your tortillas in the sauce, covering both sides. On a plate add chicken and cheese on top of your tortilla, fold both sides over and carefully place it face down, repeat with the rest of your tortillas. Use the rest of the sauce to cover all of the enchiladas. Top and finish with the rest of your cheese, add more cheese if you like it more cheesy.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Top it with avocado and cilantro.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews