Lemon Garlic Grilled Chicken over Pearl Couscous
Serves 2 to 3
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 3 Lemons
- 8 oz Pearl Cous Cous
- 2 Cups Water or Vegetable Broth (I use vegetable broth)
- 8 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Stick of Butter (any butter you’d like)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a bag or container add your chicken breast, 4 minced garlic, juice of 1 lemon, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a medium to large pan over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the couscous. Cook until lightly golden brown, constantly stir so it does not burn (about 5 minutes).
- Add 2 cups of water or vegetable broth to the couscous, lower the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Check and stir the couscous every 2 minutes until all the water is absorbed (about 10 minutes). If the couscous is still too hard add another 2 tablespoons of liquid. Cover with the lid and let it steam with the heat off.
- Turn the barbecue on to a medium heat. Barbecue the chicken on both sides until thoroughly cooked all the way through. About 15 to 20 minutes depending on how hot your barbecue runs.
- In a small pan add, 4 minced garlic, 1/2 stick of butter, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and juice of 2 lemons. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the butter mixture to a pouring dish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Add your couscous, barbecued chicken, and top with your lemon garlic butter sauce. Enjoy!
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews