Keto Lemon and Blueberry Cake
(Gluten and Dairy Free!)
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 Baking Powder
- 1/2 Baking Soda
- 6 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/8 Cup Stevita (Organic Sugar Substitute; Stevita Naturals)
- Juice From 3 Lemons
- Lemon Zest From 2 Lemons
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Essence
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Stevita
- Juice From 1 Lemon
- Lemon Zest from Half Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Water
Lemon Coconut Frosting:
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Butter (vegan butter) (Earth Balance)
- 1 8 oz Can Coconut Cream
- 1/8 Teaspoon Stevita
- Juice from 1 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Essence
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Grease 2, “9 inch” round cake pans with coconut oil. ( You may also lay down parchment paper at the bottom of each pan so it does not stick).
- In a medium sized bowl combine, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl add room temperature eggs and stevita, beat until nice and fluffy.
- Grab your dry ingredients and add lemon juice, lemon zest, melted coconut oil, vanilla and fluffy eggs. Beat with a mixture until well combined. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, add in fresh blueberries.
- Transfer half of the batter into one cake and the the rest into another. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Sit the cake out to cool completely before adding frosting.
- In a large pan add fresh blueberries, lemon juice, chia seeds, stevita, lemon zest and water. Cook over medium heat while smashing blue berries with a wooden spoon. Let it cook down for about 5 minutes while constantly smashing and stirring. Turn heat off and set aside.
Lemon Coconut Frosting:
- Add coconut cream, butter, vanilla, stevita, and lemon juice. Beat on high until well combined.
- Once cake has cooled, add one half of the cake to a plate or cake stand. Spread half the blueberry reduction on the top and spread evenly. Add the second layer of cake on top of the blueberry reduction and repeat by adding the rest of the reduction to the top layer of the cake.
- Pour the coconut frosting on top and spread evenly around the top and sides of the cake.
- May use extra lemons and blueberries to decorate the cake. Enjoy 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews