Garlic and Thyme French Baguettes
Servings 4 to 6
- 1.75 ounces warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 16 ounces of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 10 ounces of cool water
- 1 to 2 garlic bulbs
- 4 sprigs of thyme
For Roasting the garlic: https://www.createwithkendra.com/uncategorized/roasted-garlic/
- Measure out the warm water un a small bowl or cup. Add the yeast to the warm water, stir and set aside.
- Weigh out the flour into a large bowl and add the salt.
- Make a creator or well into the flour mixture and stir in dissolved yeast and thyme.
- Add the cool water, little at a time, while stirring. The dough should look shaggy.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth or plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface. Gently press out into a rectangles and fold in right and left side into thirds. Turn it 90 degrees and repeat.
- Place the dough into a large oiled bowl and cover with a cloth or plastic wrap.
- Allow it to rise in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled.
- Add roasted garlic gloves into the dough and divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into a long loaf (about 14 to 15 inches long in diameter).
- Place the loaves on a floured towel, cover with oiled plastic wrap and allow to rise for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F, place a pan of water underneath the rack where you are baking the bread.
- Uncover the baguettes and transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with flour and make four elongated slashes down each one with a razor or sharp knife.
- Bake bread for 35 to 40 minutes.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews