Fresh Peach Cobbler
Serves 6 to 8
- 8 – 10 Fresh Peaches (skinned and pitted)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Firmly Pack Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 12 Tablespoons Chilled Butter
- 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar to Sprinkle on top
- For the filling, pour melted butter in your Large Skillet or 9×13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine sliced peaches, sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice; mix well. Pour on top of melted butter and bake at 400 F for 10 minutes.
- While filling is baking, in a separate larger bowl mix, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the cold butter and mix. Add in boiling water and mix thoroughly.
- Take out the filling and drop spoon fulls of the topping mixture on top of the filling, evenly drop the toppings to fully cover your dish.
- I recommend placing a cooking sheet under your baking dish as sometimes the peach filling can overflow.
- Sprinkle extra sugar on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Best served with ice cream 🙂
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews