Epic Healing Soup
42 oz EPIC Bone Broth (Turkey Cranberry Sage) (EPIC)
1 8 oz can Coconut Milk
3 (1 – inch) chunk Fresh Ginger
1 Shallot, peeled and chopped
2 Teaspoons Lime Zest
Juice of two Limes
1 Stalk Lemongrass
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Sweet Potato
16 oz Ground Turkey
5 Leaves of Fresh Basil
Seasoning for Ground Turkey:
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a large pot add broth, coconut milk, minced ginger, minced turmeric, lime zest, lime juice, lemongrass (peeled and rolled with a rolling pin, cut into pieces), shallot and salt.
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat then place on simmer for 50 minutes.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the sweet potato and chop into small 1/2 cubes.
- Chop zucchini into 1/2 cubes. Add parchment paper to a cookie sheet and add sweet potatoes, zucchini, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes. Mix around half way through.
- In a medium bowl add turkey and all seasonings, mix well. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large pan with a lid over medium heat. Add turkey balls to the pan, constantly turning the turkey balls every few minutes. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the turkey is cooked thoroughly.
- Once the broth has simmered for 50 minutes, remove lemongrass stalk and add turkey balls, zucchini and sweet potatoes.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy.
Submit your review