Dairy Free Mac n Cheese
- 1 Package of your Favorite Pasta (I used http://www.italianharvest.com/category/marella-pasta-pastificio-marella-organic)
- 1/2 to 2 Cups Cashews (Soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes) (2 Cups for extra creamy cheese sauce)
- 1 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 3/4 White Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3/4 to 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- Salt to Taste
- Optional; Pesto
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Soak your cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes
- In a pan, drizzle oil (about a teaspoon), dice your onions and garlic. saute them until lightly golden brown.
- After 20 minutes, strain the water from the cashews. In a food processor or bullet add, sauteed onions, garlic, cashews, water, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt to taste. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water if needed.
- If adding in pesto mix in pesto.
- Add to pasta and enjoy 🙂
<h3 id=”732823″><a href=”https://surlatable.aiy7.net/c/2214974/732823/10190″>Hone your cooking and baking skills with Sur La Table’s culinary classes!</a></h3>
<img height=”0″ width=”0″ src=”//imp.pxf.io/i/2214974/732823/10190″ style=”position:absolute;visibility:hidden;” border=”0″ />
Submit your review