Crispy Chicken Katsu and Broccolini Ramen
- 10 cups water
- 4 packs of ramen (I like to use the gluten free ramen from Lotus Foods)
- 1 cup sliced bella mushrooms
- 3 medium carrots shredded
- 1 large leek thinly sliced (may use a small white onion instead)
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 3 loose cups of power greens (or spinach)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or any soy sauce you like)
- 3 limes
- 1/3 cup organic white miso
- 2 thai chilis or 1 jalapeno
- 4 tablespoon avocado oil
- optional: 1 tablespoon of veggie bouillon (or any kind you like) – I like to add this for an extra boost of flavor
- optional: 2 green onions
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko (may use almond flour for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons black sesames seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- In a large pot add 1 tablespoon avocado oil over medium heat. Add sliced leeks and saute until a light golden brown (about one minute).
- Add in sliced mushrooms, chilis, and carrots. Saute until the mushrooms start to sweat, (about 1 minute).
- Add in water, miso, veggie bouillon, diced chilis, and coconut aminos (or any soy sauce). Let this come to a light boil and then simmer.
- In a cast iron or pan add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil over medium heat. Let the pan get hot for one minute.
- Cut you chicken in half (butterfly the chicken) making it thin. You should have 4 thin chicken beasts.
- In a small bowl add panko, garlic powder, sesame seeds, and salt and mix. Take each breast and fully cover them with the mixing on both sides.
- Place 2 breasts at a time on the pan and let cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked through. Repeat with the last two breasts. Add more avocado oil if needed.
- In a separate pot, bring 3 to 4 cups of water to a boil. Once it is boiling add the broccolini for about one minute.
- Leave the panko residue from the chicken on the pan (this will add extra flavor to the broccolini). Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil over medium heat and add the broccolini. Crisp up the broccolini on both sides for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add extra red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add in your ramen noodles to the broth and veggies and cook according to the package.
- In a bowl add your veggie broth and noodles. Top with a hand full of power greens (or spinach), chicken katsu, broccolini, and chopped green onions.
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews