Butternut Squash Soup (Dairy Free)
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 Medium to Large Butternut Squash
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Optional; Top with fresh sage and pumpkin seeds
- Using a potato peeler peel the skin off the entire squash.
- Cut the squash into small 1 inch cubes.
- Chop up the onion.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, butternut squash, and garlic. Let saute for 5 minutes. Then add broth and seasonings. Cover with a lid and cook for 25 minutes occasionally stirring it.
- Once the squash is soft and you easy put a fork through it, add the milk.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews