Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 8 oz can Black beans
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup Wild Rice (or any rice of your choice)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cilantro Cashew Sauce:
- 1 Cup Raw Cashew
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water (from cashews)
- Optional; 1 teaspoon of chili pepper flakes
- Boil 2 cups of water and add 1 cup of cashews to the water. Turn off heat, cover and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Cook rice and quinoa according to the packaging.
- Wash and cut the butternut squash in half down the center long ways. Take out the seeds using a spoon. Leave the skin on.
- Lay the squash on parchment papper over a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the butternut squash (face up). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Take squash out and let cool. Using a spoon scrap long ways down the squash creating a crevasse big enough to lay all the stuffings down in.
- Take the butternut squash you have scraped out and place it in a bowl.
- Drain and rinse your back beans. Add black beans, rice and quinoa in the bowl with the butternut squash filling. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Take the filling and pack each half of the butternut squash full.
- Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cashews from the water to a bullet or blender with 1/2 cup of the water from the cashews.
- Add oil, garlic and cilantro. Blend well.
- If too thick, add more water.
- Add salt, pepper, and chili pepper flakes.
Add, avocado, cilantro cashew sauce on top and enjoy!
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews