Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 14 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar (white wine or regular vinegar)
- 1 Egg (for egg wash)
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth (or any broth you’d like)
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 6 Large Carrots
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Whole Yellow or White Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 5 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- In a stand up mixer add flour and salt, and mix. Then take the cold butter and cut it into cubes and add to your flour mixture. Using the mixer, mix on low until it forms into a crumble or has little pebble like texture.
- In a separate bowl add yogurt, water, and vinegar and mix well. Slowly pour liquid into the flour mixture with the mixer on low until the dough starts to form. Wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375f
- Using a peeler, peel off the skin from the butternut squash and cut into small cubes, do the same with the carrots. Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop up your onion into large chunks and add to the cookie sheet. Lastly add you garlic cloves and thyme, drizzle with oil and a pinch a salt. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have cooked and you can easily stick a fork through the carrots and butternut squash, add all the vegetables into a blender or a large bowl to immersion blend. Add broth and pumpkin puree. Add salt and pepper to taste if you would like, and give it a good blend.
- Take the dough out, add a little flour to your countertop and roll out two inch sized dough balls. Roll them out into your desired size (you want them to fit over and hang off your oven safe bowls). The thickness should be about 1/4 of an inch.
- Fill each bowl with soup, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Slice 4 slits in the top and carefully place on top of your bowls, and lightly press down. Scramble your egg and gently brush the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake for 35 minutes, the crust should be golden brown with a nice flaky texture.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews