Broccoli & Leek Soup
- 2 large broccoli heads
- 5 broccoli leaves or 1 cup spinach
- 3 large leeks
- 1 medium yellow or white onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 8 cups broth (any kind, i like to mix 4 cups bone broth and 4 cups vegetable broth)
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 375f
- On two cooking sheets with parchment paper add chopped broccoli florets. Drizzle a tablespoon of oil over each sheet of broccoli. Add a teaspoon of garlic powder per sheet of broccoli and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot add roughly chopped leeks and onions over medium heat, cook for about 2 minutes. Lower the heat to a simmer and add in whole garlic cloves and either chopped broccoli leaves or spinach leaves. once the leaves are soft add the broth.
- Add the broccoli to the broth and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in nutritional yeast.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, blend it all together. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking. For more of a cheesy flavor you can add more nutritional yeast.
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews