Baked Rose Salt and Sage Eggplant
2 – 4 Servings
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Sage
- 1 Tablespoon Rose Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sea Salt
- 2 Organic (no pesticide) Roses (any color)
- For the Rose Salt you want to combine the salt and the pedals of your roses in a container with a closed lid and let sit for 24 hours, shaking the container every so often.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Slice your whole eggplant into large circles.
- Lay them out on your cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper). Sprinkle salt on both sides (just a pinch)(rose or normal at this point, up to you). This will pull the liquid out of the eggplant. Let the salt sit on the eggplant for 20 minutes.
- Then dab the eggplant with a paper towel or normal towel to clean off the liquid.
- In a large bowl mix, olive oil (make sure the oil gets on all the eggplant), onion powder, rose salt, and chopped fresh sage.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews