Autumn Acorn Squash, Apple & Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 Small Acorn Squash
- 1 Large Sweet Apple
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- A Bunch of Kale (About 10 leaves, any kind)
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Pinches of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- A pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Using a potato peeler, peel the skin off the sweet potato and cut into small 1 inch size cubes and set aside.
- Carefully cut your acorn squash in half and scoop out all the seeds. Slice each half into small 1/2 inch slices, then cut each slice in half.
- On a cookie sheet with parchment paper, add the acorn squash and sweet potatoes. Drizzle with your choice of olive oil or avocado oil, add garlic powder and salt. Then mix with your hands. Bake for 35 minutes. You should be able to easily poke through the veggies with a fork.
- Rinse and chop your kale and place into a large bowl.
- Add all the dressing ingredients together in a small container. Add half the dressing to the kale; massage the kale with the dressing.
- Thinly slice the red onion and apple and add to the salad.
- Add cooked acorn squash and sweet potatoes to the salad, add the rest of the dressing, give it a good mix, and top off with the pumpkin seeds.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews