Pumpkin and Roasted Carrot Soup
- 1 8 oz Can of Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 6 Large Carrots
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 5/6 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Sage
- 2 Tablespoons of Avocado or Olive Oil
- 2 Pinches of Salt
- Optional: 4 Small baking pumpkins to serve soup in, 1/2 cup pesto and 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds to top with.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Scrub or peel carrots, cut into small 2 inch pieces and cut each piece in half.
- Chop the onion into large chucks.
- Peel all the garlic. Add the vegetables, thyme and sage onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cover with oil and salt and bake for 35 to 40 minutes; until you can easily stick a fork through the carrots
- If using small pumpkins, slice the top off and scrap out the pumpkin seeds. Place upside down on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with oil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- In a large pot add all the veggies, pumpkin puree and vegetable broth. Using an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients. If the soup is too thick add more vegetable broth to your liking.
- Place in bowls or your pumpkin, top with pesto and pumpkin seeds.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews