Vegan “Chicken” Asian Lettuce Wraps & Chicken Asian Lettuce Wraps
2 to 4 Servings
- 2 Heads of Romaine or Butter Lettuce
- Organic Tempeh (Tempeh)
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts
Marinade for either “meat” choice:
- 1/3 Cup Hoisin
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce (for gluten free try Coconut Aminos )
- 1 Tablespoon Ponzu Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
For Dipping Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Limes Juice (1 whole lime)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce or aminos
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 1 Whole Cucumber
- 3 Scallions
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro
- 1 Avocado
- Optional; Black Sesame Seeds
For Tempeh; in a large pot add 2 inch of water and boil, add a steamer and steam the whole package of tempeh for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a large bowl add tempeh and all marinade ingredients. Set aside.
For Chicken; In a large bag add chicken and all the marinade ingredients and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice the cucumber down the middle long ways, place flat side down and slice thin slivers.
- Chop scallions and cilantro.
- Cut avocados into cubes.
Once chicken had marinaded. Turn on BBQ and grill the chicken on medium for 15 to 20 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
May use stove top to do the same. Cook 20 to 25 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
Wash Lettuce and add meat of choice, cucumbers, scallions, avocado, cilantro, sesame seeds and pour on that sauce!
Submit your review