Tomatillo & Squash Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs Tomatillos
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 1 Avocado
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Jalapeños
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- In a large pot over medium heat, add oil. Once the pot is hot add pumpkin seeds and cook until lightly toasted.
- Take the husks off the tomatillos, rinse and cut in half. Add tomatillos to the pot with chopped onion, whole garlic cloves, and chopped jalapeños (leave the seeds if you like it more spicy).
- Add broth and let come to a boil. Once boil let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the vegetable broth from the veggies and set the vegetable broth aside.
- Saute the veggies for 3 minutes then add the veggies to a blender or immersion blend and blend. Add the mixture back to the pot.
- Add broth back to the pot and place on a simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Serve in bowls and top with fresh cilantro and avocado.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews