Spicy and Sweet Sourdough Pizza
*Sourdough makes two small pizzas. For two large pizza’s make two separate batches.
- 1/2 Cup (50 grams) Sourdough Starter
- 2 Cups (250 grams) Flour
- 3/4 Cup (175 grams) Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (5 grams)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (15 grams)
Optional; Add herbs into crust
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Add starter, flour, and water; whisk together and then use hands to mold into a ball. Cover the bowl with a damp towel let rest for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, fold dough for a few seconds to combine.
- Add water or oil to hands; stretch and fold the dough by folding from the outside to the centre and repeat for one minute. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Repeat step 3. Fold in herbs if desired and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface, roll dough out into desired pizza size, fold over the ends to make a crust.
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Oil your pizza pan and place dough on top. Bake for 17 minutes to 20 minutes.
- 4 oz Salami or Pepperoni of your choice – I use (Prima Vera )
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz Marinara (if making your own, I add, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, oregano, dried basil and garlic powder)
- 3 Tablespoons Tapatio
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Add marinara to crust (add herbs if needed).
- Top with Tapatio, salami, and mozzarella. Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Then top with honey!