Lettuce Burger with Tahini Aioli
Serves 3 to 4
- 16 oz Organic Grass fed Beef
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- Juice from one Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste (about 1 teaspoon each)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Chop up all garlic. In a small pan over medium heat add teaspoon of oil. Add garlic and saute for 3 minutes until lightly golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice in circles, 1/2 of the red onion. With the other half chop up finely.
- In a large bowl add ground beef, half of the garlic, chopped red onion, onion powder, chili powder, pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a mixer or food processor add; tahini, lemon juice, rest of the garlic, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Turn your barbecue on to medium heat. Form burger patties into 4 to 5 inch wide patties. Place on grill and grill each side for 2 to 3 minutes for medium well. Add another 1 to 2 minutes to have it well cooked.
- Wash your butter lettuce. place burger patty on lettuce, add aioli, sliced tomato, sliced avocado and slice red onion. Place second butter lettuce on top and enjoy!