Homemade Naan with a Garlic Butter Finish
Serves 2 – 4 **(I personally double this for left overs or for more people; if doubling still make separately)**
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 1/4 Teaspoon Dry Yeast
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 6 Cloves of Garlic (chopped finely)
- Stir warm water, water and honey together, let sit for 5 minutes (will start to foam).
- Turn kitchen aid (or any mixer on low), add flour gradually, yogurt, baking powder, salt and egg. At this point turn up the speed on the mixer. You want the dough to be slightly sticky and forming into a ball.
- Put oil on your hands and form all the dough into one large ball. Oil the bowl and place the ball of dough in the bowl. Cover with a wet cloths and place in a warm place (I place mine in the sun). Let sit for 1 hour.
- Heat butter in a pan and let melt, add minced garlic and saute until. golden brown. Strain the bitter from the garlic and set aside. You can also keep the garlic to add on after the naan has cooked.
- Add flour to a working surface and roll out 8 pieces of the dough. You want them to be some what in a circle.
- Brush one side with the garlic butter and add to a cast iron on medium heat. Once it starts to bubble, flip and add butter to other side. The naan cooks pretty fast. About 1 minute per naan.
- Add garlic if desired.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews