Healthy Beef Bourguignon
- 3 lbs Beef Chuck Roast (I like to use Butcherbox for quality meat Butcherbox)
- Optional; 16 oz bacon (also from Butcherbox)
- 8 oz bella mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 large carrots
- 2 shallots
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 cups broth (any broth you like)
- 2 cups red wine (any rich and dark red wine you like)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat ove to 375
- In a large dutch oven over the stove top, heat the bacon if you wish to add bacon. Cook the bacon until its close to crispy. Remove all the bacon and grease (set bacon aside). Add a tablespoon on coconut oil. (If you choose not to use the bacon skip right to the coconut oil).
- Cover your chuck roast in salt and pepper. Cut your chuck roast into two. Take one chuck roast at a time and sear each side. Set aside. Add diced onions and chopped carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste and stir. Then add in flour and stir.
- Add in wine, broth, bay leaves, and thyme. Let it come to a light boil and add the chuck roast back in with the chopped bacon. Cover and bake for 2 1/2 hours.
- Once it has been 2 1/2 hours. Before taking the roast out of the oven, using a medium pan to caramelize the shallots (slice the shallots into thin slices and add with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Cook until they are a slight golden brown (about 2-3 minutes). Then add in quartered mushrooms. Cook for another 3 minutes. Add both these to your dutch oven while flipping your chuck roast over. Place the lid back on and cook for another 1 /12 – 2 hours
- Check after one hour with 2 forks. Use the two forks to pull apart the meat. If the meat breaks apart easily. Its ready. Make sure the middle pulls apart as easily as the sides.
- Take out bay leaves.
- Best served over your favorite type of mashed potatoes!
- Enjoy 🙂
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews