Chicken Meatballs with Sundried Tomatoes and Artichoke hearts over barley
- 1 cup barley (or any fiber you desire)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 cups sundried tomatoes
- 32 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz ground chicken
- 1/2 white or yellow onion (chopped finely)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup panko (or bread crumbs)
- Optional: 1/2 cup crispy onions
Topping: fresh parsley and parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 450f
- In a medium pot bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add in 1 cup barley for 35 minutes and strain.
- In a large bowl add ground chicken and the rest of the meatball ingredients. Mix well. Roll the meatballs into balls about two inches wide.
- On a cooking sheet with parchment paper add the meatballs. Bake for 35 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium heat add sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. heat for 1 minute and add mix in tomato sauce.
- Add cooked barley to the sauce and top with meat balls. Optional top with parmesan and parsley.