Chewy Chocolate Christmas Cookies
One of my favorite cookies growing up was the Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies. I love peanut butter and chocolate pretty much exactly the same but this year (especially for Holidays) I wanted to switch it up a little. So I present to you, the Chewy Chocolate Christmas Cookie! A double chocolate spin on the blossom cookies with organic homemade Large Chocolate Chips. Using organic 44% cacao chips by Artisan Kettle, I melted the chocolate down and added them to a large chocolate chip mold. Large Chocolate Chip Mold
For more great baking ideas and recipes head on over to: https://www.bellacupcakecouture.com/category/baking-recipes/
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cups Granulated Sugar + 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar for Rolling
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 30 to 35 Large Chocolate Chips *(see large chocolate chip instructions below)*
- Optional: Christmas Sprinkles (because why not!? It’s the holidays!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the 1/4 cup granulated sugar to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer add butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix until nice and fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
- Mix in cocoa and flour. Add the flour in 1/2 a cup at a time. Chill dough for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch sized balls. Roll 3 sides of the dough in the granulated sugar and dip the fourth side into Christmas sprinkles (if adding sprinkles). If not, roll all sides of the dough into the sugar. Place on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart and place a large chocolate chip on top in the middle and repeat. Bake 10 minutes.
Final step, place cookies on the most beautiful serving dish you own. I used my Annieglass Jaxson Serving Plate
*If making your own Large Chocolate Chips; fill a small to medium pot with 1/3 of water and bring to a light boil. Place a medal or Pyrex bowl on top and add 2 cups of regular chocolate chips. Mix around with a spatula until all is melted (about 2 minutes). Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag or plastic bag and cut 1/4 inch, fill the mold with the chocolate and place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes until hard.
Submit your review