Broccoli, Leek and Chicken Soup (Diary and Gluten Free)
Serves 4 to 6
- 5 Cups Broth (I use better than bouillon)
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 2 Cups Cashew Cream (soak 2 cups of cashews in boil water for 2 to 4 hours)
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 3 Heads of Broccoli
- 1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Small to Medium Leek
- 1 Whole Yellow Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a slow cooker add 5 cups of broth, and 4 chicken breast. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (my All-Clad slow cooker took 4 hours on low)
- Once chicken has cooked, take the chicken out (save the broth) and shred the chicken with two forks and set aside.
- Chop finely; broccoli, leeks, celery, onion, and garlic. In a large pot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Add all veggies and saute until onions are lightly golden brown.
- Add broth from the slow cooker to the pot.
- In a blender or bullet add cashews and 1/2 cup of the cashew water (add a little more water (if needed) at a time until you get a nice cream consistency). Add nutritional yeast to the blender and blend well.
- Add cashew cream and almond milk to the pot.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Optional; use an immersion blender to blend. (I used my All-Clad immersion blender)
- Taste the soup; add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Optional; I added an extra 2 tablespoon of better than bouillon veggie paste for more flavor.
- Add in shredded chicken and mix.
Submit your review
Create With Kendra
Average rating: 0 reviews