Baked Alaskan Wild Caught Salmon
- 3 Wild Caught Salmon
- 2 Lemons
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 of Leek Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Cous Cous
- 8 to 10 leaves of Kale and/or Chard (or both)
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Dill
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 3 to 4 Fresh Leaves of Lemon Balm
- Salt to Taste
(Optional; 1 Cup Vegetable Broth for Cous Cous Water)
Baked in my favorite Le Creuset Braiser
Preheat oven to 375 F
- Drizzle 1 Teaspoon of oil on your oven safe baking dish (with a lid). Lay out a piece of parchment papper (the oil will let you form the papper to the dish).
- Lay out your salmon, top with 1/4 cup oil, the juice of one lemon, and 2 slice garlic cloves.
- Slice the other lemon into thin slices and lay over salmon, top with fresh dill, lemon balm, and thyme. Add salt to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Then turn on Broiler remove lid and broil for 2 to 4 minutes (keep an eye on this)
- In a small pot add one cup water (or vegetable broth) with 2 tablespoon butter and let it come to a light boil. Add Cous Cous and stir. Cover and let sit for 2 minutes, stir again and remove heat. Leave lid on and set aside.
- Wash Kale and Chard
- In a small pan add 2 chopped garlic cloves, sliced leeks, 1 tablespoon of butter and 1/4 cup olive oil. (Double for more sauce).
Lay out the cous cous, layer with kale and chard, salmon and top with sauce 🙂
Submit your review