Gluten free Manicotti packed with flavorful ricotta
- 1 pack of Gluten free manicotti shells
- 1 15 oz organic valley ricotta cheese
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped leeks
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans of organic tomato sauce (or you may use any tomato sauce you’d like)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 table spoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 F
Boil water and cook manicotti shells according to the package.
In a sauce pan add a drizzle of oil and saute the finely chopped shallots, leeks and garlic until lightly golden brown.
Finely chop the spinach and add to a small bowl with the ricotta, shallots, leeks, and garlic, mix well.
In a sauce pan add the two cans of tomato sauce and seasonings. (if you buy already seasoned tomato sauce don’t add the seasoning above). Saute for 5 minutes.
Once the shells have cooled off for 5 minutes, take a large ziplock bag and place the ricotta mix into the bag. With scissors cut the corner of the bag, no larger than 1/2 inch. (see picture above).
In a baking dish, line the bottom with half of the tomato sauce.
Using the bag fill each manicotti shell with ricotta mix and line up next to each other (see picture above). After you have filled them all, pour the rest of the tomato sauce on top of the manicotti.
Lastly sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese and bake for 45 minutes.